To apply for a Carer Permit, simply follow the following instructions:
- Go to myRingGo and select the 'Carer' option.
- Log in if you are an existing RingGo customer using your registered mobile (or landline) telephone number and PIN or password combination. If you are unsure whether you have a RingGo account, enter your telephone number to the right and click 'Continue'. You will be notified if your telephone number has been registered and will be requested to recover your PIN/password.
- If you do not know your RingGo PIN or password, you can retrieve it using the relevant recovery tool. Please ensure you check your Junk/Spam mailbox for delivery of any reminder.
- If you are not yet registered to RingGo, enter your mobile (or landline if you do not own a mobile) number in the new member field. New users will need to complete the permit registration form.
- You will be asked to enter your postcode to find the address. Select your address using the drop-down menu. 'Carer' should be set as the default permit type. Click 'Next' to proceed.
- You will now be taken to the application form. Review the existing details and make any amendments where necessary. If in agreement with the Terms and Conditions, tick to agree and click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
- Your details will be automatically reviewed. In order to pass the validation process you must not hold any other permit type at the address supplied.
- If the validation process is unable to authenticate your details, you will need to upload the required proofs to support your application. If you cannot upload the proofs at the time of completing your application, select that you will send proofs by post. NSL Services (on behalf of London Borough of Lewisham Council) will then match the proofs against your RingGo application once they arrive. Please note that your application is likely to take longer to approve if you post the documents.
- Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you are required to upload or post proofs, the application will display on your account as 'Pending'. Pending applications will be reviewed by NSL Services and processed within five working days.
You will be informed by NSL Services of your status by email. If your application has been approved, it may take a further five working days for your paper permit to reach you in the post.
Should you experience any difficulties completing this application or have any general enquiries with regards to the application process, you should contact NSL Services on 020 8787 5397. This telephone line is operational between 09:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday.