How do I apply for a parking session?
RingGo Resident Visitor Permits (RVPs) are issued by the Council and are a digital, paperless alternative way to pay for parking. Parking sessions with RingGo are virtual, so there is no need to display anything in your vehicle.
Once your Resident Visitor Permit application or your Senior Citizen Visitor Voucher application has been authorised, you can purchase visitor parking sessions with RingGo in one of three ways:
- Mobile Apps
- You must have downloaded the RingGo app to your phone and established an account.
- Tap the ‘Permits’ option on the homepage.
- Select your Resident Visitor Permit.
- The process may vary slightly depending on your type of mobile phone, but you will need to select the vehicle to park, the date and time of the session, and the duration.
- Select an existing payment card or select the ‘New Card’ option and provide the details.
- Enter the three digit CV2 (security) code from the back of your payment card.
- Access myRingGo and click ‘Login’ on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Log in using your registered mobile (or landline) telephone number and PIN or password combination. If you do not know your myRingGo PIN or password, you can retrieve it using the relevant recovery tool. Please ensure you check your Junk/Spam mailbox for delivery of any reminder.
- On the ‘My Permit Applications for Watford Borough Council’ screen, select the permit application you wish to use and click the green ‘money’ icon under the ‘Purchase’ column in that row.
- Your location will be preset based on your home address.
- Select your vehicle, choose the date and time you want the session to start, and the duration of the session.
- Click ‘Next’.
- On the next screen, select an existing payment card or select the ‘Add a new payment card’ option and supply the required details (up to a maximum of three payment cards can be stored with RingGo). Click ‘Next’ when finished.
- To finalise your transaction, you should first read the summary on the right-hand side of the screen to ensure all the details displayed are correct based on your requirements. If they are, click ‘Pay’.
- Enter the three digit CV2 (security) code from the back of your payment card. Click ‘Pay’. Please note that if you are enrolled to a 3-D secure scheme such as Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode you may be asked for additional password information at this point.
- After payment has been successful, confirmation will be displayed on-screen. If you want a VAT receipt, click ‘Print a VAT receipt’ and one will be emailed to you in a PDF file.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the process and return to the home page.
- Call the Permit Booking Line on 020 3046 0005 from your registered telephone number.
- Listen to the voice prompts and input the information as requested.
- All sessions will begin immediately from the time payment is made.