To be eligible to apply for a Milton Keynes Council Commuter Permit you must be 17 years or over, residing in Milton Keynes postal areas of MK1 - MK17 and MK46, with your place of work outside of the borough.
To apply for a Commuter Permit, simply follow the below instructions:
- Login to myRingGo. If you're not yet a RingGo customer you will first be required to register.
- Click 'Apply for a new Permit' to be taken to the Permit Application page.
- Milton Keynes Council will be set as the pre-populated local authority. Use the dropdown menu displaying 'Permit Type' to select 'Commuter Permit'. Confirm your address using the last dropdown menu and click 'Next' when ready.
- Select the location in which you wish the permit to be applicable to. The only option available to you will be Long Stay at Milton Keynes On Street (8672).
- Upload your proof of eligibility (allowed file size is 1MB) and select the type of proof you are submitting, i.e. Driving License, utility bill, etc. Then complete all required fields asking for employment information. This information may be used by the Council to contact your employer and validate your application.
- If in agreement, click the 'I agree to the Permit terms and conditions' box and then 'Confirm' to submit your application.
- Once the request has been submitted, it will display on your account as 'Pending'. Pending applications will be reviewed by the Council and processed within five working days.
- You will be informed by the Council of your status by email. If your application has been approved, you will be able to use RingGo to pay for parking with your Commuter Permit.
Upon acceptance of your application, you will be able to purchase commuter sessions by calling the Permit Booking Line on 0843 209 0088 from your registered phone number, online using myRingGo or via our iPhone and Android mobile apps.