Resident Permit Information

  1. Many streets in Barking and Dagenham are Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) where you will need a permit to park at certain times.

    A Resident Permit is for people who live inside a CPZ (except car-free developments)

    Residents permits can be bought online only. You will need a credit or debit card to make payment and a variety of documents depending on the permit type required.

    When parking in a CPZ, if you display your permit incorrectly, you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice.

    Please note from 1st December 2016 all Residents Permits issued will be virtual and no physical permit will need to be displayed.

  2. Permit Info Image
  3. Applying for a permit online is a three stage process, firstly you need to register, then complete the permit application form and once that has been approved you can purchase your permit.

    If you are unable to provide the proof documents listed then you must apply for a temporary one month permit ( You can only apply for a full permit if you have the correct proof documents or your application will be rejected.

  4.  Register
Resident Permit Costs
  1. Vehicle Type1st Permit cost2nd Permit cost3rd and subsequent Permits cost
    Less than 100g/km / Electric CarFree£20.50£41.00
    Under 1101cc / 101-120g/km£20.50£41.00£61.50
    1101-1300cc / 121-140g/km£25.70£51.50£72.00
    1301-1600cc / 141-160g/km£31.00£61.50£82.00
    1601-1800cc / 161-180g/km£36.00£72.00£92.50
    1801-2000cc / 181-200g/km£41.00£82.00£102.50
    2001-3000cc / 201-255g/km£51.50£102.50£113.00
    3001cc+ / 255g/km+£61.50£123.00£123.00