RingGo Resident Visitor Permits are issued by the Council and are a digital, paperless alternative way to pay for parking. Parking sessions with RingGo are virtual, so there is no need to display anything in your vehicle. Once your Resident Visitor Permit (RVP) application has been authorised, you can purchase visitor parking sessions with RingGo in one of three ways:
- Mobile Apps
- Under the 'Book Now' option on the homepage, select to purchase a session using your Resident Visitor Permit. The process may vary slightly depending on your type of mobile phone, but you will need to select the vehicle to park, the date and time of the session, and the duration.
- Select an existing payment card or select the 'New Card' option and provide the details.
- Enter the three digit CV2 (security) code from the back of your payment card, if requested to do so.
On the LB of Barking and Dagenham internet website, navigate to the 'Parking permit applications' page. Here is one way:
- Click the 'Parking' tile.
- Click the 'Parking permits' tile.
- Click the 'Visitor parking permits and vouchers' tile.
- Click the 'Activate visitors parking' tile.
- Access MyRingGo and click 'Permits'.
- Click the 'LB of Barking and Dagenham' tile.
- Click the 'Resident Virtual Visitor Voucher' tile.
Whichever method you used, on the next screen, click 'Apply for Virtual Permit'. Log in using your phone number and PIN/password.
- On the 'My Permit Applications for LB of Barking and Dagenham' screen, select the permit application you wish to use and click the green 'money' icon under the 'Purchase' column in that row. Your location will be preset based on your home address.
- Select your vehicle, adding one if necessary, choose the date and time you want the session to start, and the duration of the session, and click 'Next'.
- If you don't already have a payment card associated to your account, tick 'Add a new payment card' and follow the instructions to add it, and click 'Next'. If you have a payment card, tick the one wish to you for this transaction, and click 'Next'.
- Read the summary of your transaction, and if you are happy with it, click 'Pay'.
- Enter the three digit CV2 (security) code from the back of your payment card, if requested to do so, and click 'Pay'.
- Click 'Finish' to complete the process and return to the home page. If you wish to print a VAT receipt, you can do that by clicking the link.
- Call the Permit Booking Line on 020 3046 0005 from your registered telephone number.
- Listen to the voice prompts and input the information as requested. All sessions will begin immediately from the time payment is made.